Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Freedom

I must say after being away at college for a year, coming home is different. I lost some of the freedom that I had when I was away and all of my friends hours away. I also realized who my true friends from high school were. They were the only ones that kept in touch with me. I miss being able to stay up late and do what I want! Since being home, I have found that little things, like talking about boys, is harder. I also found that only your true friends from college keep in touch and wonder what is happening in your life. Friends are the icing on the cake when you need them and can also cut you down. The friends that stay are the ones that mean the most and truly care about you! I have one of those friends, she is also there and understands everything that happens to me! I am thankful for her. Being home, you lose the ability to go cry to a friend in their room when you have a bad day. Those friends are no longer a 5 min walk across campus, they are hour drives! I miss it and my friends! This is why friends are such an important part of your life. Back on topic, the freedom of college to home life is so different. You can not just go out and come back as you please, you have to get everything approved by your parents. That SUCKS! I also miss being able to go out with friends and not have to worry about waking up people when you come back. My roommate always went out with me so we always came back at the same time. Now you have to think about you parents and what will happen if you are too loud when you come home at 3 AM. I wish for my freedom back!! I also wish for my friends to be closer... I guess that is what I get for going to a school about 2 1/2 hours from home. My friends were a huge part of who I was at school, and that we are all hours apart, it is hard to be so close. I have still kept some really close friends because we always check up on each other! I miss them all still!! I wonder if I am alone in these feelings, or other college students feel the same way?

No comments:

Post a Comment