Monday, June 2, 2014

Air Conditioning

Air Conditioning is one thing that I have truly missed while I was at school. My dorm did not have AC! It was a pain in the butt when it got hot and my roommate and I were just sweltering in our room! The sad part is that next year the dorm we lived in will have AC but the dorm we are going to live in will not have AC. When I am home, I get to bask in the glory of not sweating through my clothes some days. I mean in high school we did not have AC either so I was kind of used to it, but in college most of the buildings I was in had AC so I was out of luck when I went back to our dorm. In all honesty I think most people can live without AC for a month or two but we are all so used to having it that it is hard for us to give it up. That is why when I am home I love the AC, because I am so used to it. My parents, mostly my mom, always wants the windows open cause she says she is cold but for me, I love the AC. I would rather be a little cold than be hot. I also miss having AC at school because I have bad outdoor allergies that flare up really bad when they cut the grass. So I almost have to hide out in our room till they are done cutting the grass! That is what I love about AC, I can hide away but still feel cool and not hot! AC is a privilege and I guess I am just so used to it that I let myself think that I really need it to survive when I do not. I worked at a summer camp that had no AC and I am still alive, so I guess I could make it through at school without it. I just miss the AC. I miss being able to sit inside and not hear everything that is happening outside because my window is all the way open....by the way, our window never stayed just a little bit open, it was either closed or all the way open. The slightest bit of wind and the window would open even farther....it was annoying, especially at night if we just opened it. I think that is the main reason I missed the AC at home so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment