Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Space

At home I have so much more space to put all my stuff. I also have more space for me to be in. When I am at school, I really only have my dorm room as my living space. I also have to share that living space with someone else. When I am home, I have lots of space in our house. I still share it, but a house is bigger than a dorm room. I really notice the space issue when I just want to be alone. I never had a place that I could just escape to when I wanted to be alone. At home I can go to my room or my sisters room, since they do not live at home. It is nice having that space to be alone and not have to worry about someone else being there. I also notice the space issue with belongings. When I am at home my room is a little messier than my dorm room...one reason is that I have more stuff at home but the other is because I have more room to put all of the stuff. At school I always felt like I had to keep our room very very clean in order for it to look big and like we had space to move around. My roommate did not always understand that concept...she often left clean clothes on the floor and even dirty ones, they were in separate piles. She could not use her desk for school work because she had so much other stuff on it. Her closet was even overflowing. I think she learned not to bring as much next year because she had so much. We do have a bigger room next year but still. I even know that I do not need to bring all the stuff that I did. I think growing up most people are used to having their own room, unless they come from a big family, so sharing a space that is the size that you might normally live in by yourself can be hard. You have to take in to account that there is now another person living with you and that all of your stuff has to fit in the same room. That is what I love about home, I can have all my stuff in my room, with no one else's stuff to fit it. It is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment